Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finding a Brownie Recipe My Dad Will Love

My dad loves brownies especially the ends. He's been known to cut the ends from the brownies and eat just that. For as long as I can remember, he has been asking me to bake them. Being the good daughter I am, I am alway happy to oblige figuring it would give me another opportunity to hone my brownie making skills.


Although brownies seem simple enough to make, brownie recipes have been known to go awry. I for one have tried several brownie recipes before I found one my dad approved. The first few recipes I tried weren't anything special. The brownies weren't moist and fudgy, but tasted more like a soft cookie especially after they've been sitting around a few days.


So what is the secret to making a moist, fudgy brownie? Corn syrup. I found that using corn syrup instead of butter not only makes the brownies moist and fudgy, but enhances the flavor as well. It also helps the brownies stay fresh a little bit longer. The first time I made brownies with corn syrup, they were eaten up in no time. Greasing the pan with butter and flour (to make sure you haven't missed any spots) will make sure the brownies don't stick to the pan or taste oily on the bottom from cooking spray. Just remember to shake out any extra flour.


As long as I don't forget to put walnuts in the batter or sprinkle them on top, my dad is now content with the brownie recipe I currently use :-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment