Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cookies 'n' Crème with a Twist


I love anything that has the name cookies 'n’ crème in it. This includes, but is not limited to ice cream, cheesecake and candy bars. You name it and I will probably eat it if it has cookies 'n’ crème in the name. Since brownies and cookies n’ crème rank high on my list of favorite desserts, I thought it would be fun to make cookies 'n’ crème brownies.

I started off with a basic brownies recipe that I always use. Instead of adding my normal chocolate chips or walnuts, I added about seven broken Oreos to the batter. You can add more or less depending on how much you want in your batter. I also add another four or five broken Oreos on top of the brownie batter. I love Oreos so the more the better.


Preparing the cookies 'n’ crème brownie batter.


Cookies 'n’ crème batter ready to be put into the pan.

Once the brownies came out of the oven and were cooled, I topped it off with vanilla frosting. I tried making a pretty drizzle on top of the brownies, but it turned into a mess so I frosted the whole top instead. The brownies were coated with a thin layer of vanilla frosting, but again it is up to you how much frosting you want on the brownies. I am actually glad I frosted the whole top. It tasted much more like cookies n crème then if I just put a drizzle on it. Funny how things work out sometimes, isn’t it?


The cookies 'n’ crème brownies assembled, cooked and ready to be eaten.

My family enjoyed the brownies with my brother saying these are my best brownies yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment