Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cookie Madness

Cookies are ranked among my most favorite desserts. There is nothing like biting into a fresh, hot, out of the oven cookie that melts in your mouth.  Two cookies top my list of favorites. The first cookie is double chocolate chip cookie with a hint of expresso. I chop up some expresso from an expresso bar for a little extra kick. My other favorite cookie is a chocolate chip walnut cookie (pictured right). Whenever I bake these cookies, I can never get them off the baking tray fast enough. They are half gone by the time I get the cookies on a cooling rack.

The first cookies I ever made were gingersnap cookies. My friend and I used to make them when we were in elementary school. These cookies are what opened me up to the world of baking and inspired me to keep baking not only cookies, but eventually venture into cakes, cupcakes and brownies. My favorite thing about these cookies are the strong ginger taste and powdered sugar we sprinkled on the cookies. The strong ginger flavor gives your mouth a nice surprise when you bite into the cookies because you don't expect the ginger to be that strong. 


Black and white cookies or tuxedo cookies remind me of my favorite animal - a penguin. Like these cookies, penguins are also black and white. I love how you can cut the cookies in half and choose to eat either chocolate or vanilla or bite into both flavors at the same time. I also love how you can cut the cookie in half and trade a chocolate or vanilla with someone for the flavor you want. The best black and white cookies are the ones that have a chocolate cookie instead of a yellow cookie. 


Oatmeal raisin cookies, my boyfriend's favorite cookies, are something I started to bake at his request. I have never really been a raisins person, but there is something about these cookies I really like. Maybe it's because these cookies are somewhat healthy, made of oatmeal with raisins, or maybe it's the chewiness of the cookies with a crispy edge. Whatever the reason is, these cookies are just plain good.


Enough about me and my favorite cookies. What are your favorite cookies? 

No comments:

Post a Comment