Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jellybean Ideas

Jellybeans are one of my favorite candies. I love the bubble gum flavored and pineapple flavored jellybeans. I was watching a television show were someone was eating a bag of jellybeans and it got me thinking. I know jellybeans making great toppings, but can you actually bake with jellybeans? I decided the answer was yes. It is a great and simple way to get a variety of colors and flavor into your baking without using a variety of candies.

So how can you utilize jellybeans in your baking? Here are a few of my ideas:
  • Put approximately one cup of mixed jellybeans (or one flavor if you prefer) and stir them into your cookie batter. They go great with peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies.
  • Makes Rice Krispie treats more flavorful and colorful. Add one to 1-½ cups to your Rice Krispie treats recipe.
  • Cakes, especially plain cakes, can always use some spicing up. Add some jellybeans for an interesting twist. I recommend using ¾ to one cup of jellybeans.
I’m sure there are several more ideas that I have not mentioned. If you think of any, feel free to post a comment with your thoughts or ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment