Friday, May 13, 2011

How To Spice Up Tuna Fish

Today I’m going to take a different direction from what I normally write about by discussing tuna fish. The reason for this divergence from baking is I made a great tuna sandwich the other day that my family loved. I put a little bit of a twist on the tuna that add some kick to a normally bland fish.


Tuna makes for a great sandwich, taco, pita or whatever you choose to do with it. It is also a great food that you can spice up with just about anything. I was using canned tuna to make the sandwich since my family and I were looking for a quick dinner. After rummaging through my fridge to see what ingredients were available to me, I found mayonnaise, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. I also took out salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.


With my ingredients chosen, the next step was to figure out how much of each ingredient to put into the tuna. I decided to use about three tablespoons of mayonnaise, one tablespoon of Dijon and a few squirts of lemon juice with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder sprinkled in. I don’t usually measure spices and instead judge how much I need by taste. I always start small and work my way up. To top the sandwich off, I cut a few slices of tomatoes, and lettuce and toasted the bread to give it an extra crunch.


To be honest, I have no idea why I chose these ingredients. I just thought they would taste well together. Otherwise we would be eating not so great tasting tuna fish. Luckily, this idea panned out and my family enjoyed our scrumptious dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment