Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You Can Put What in Banana Bread?!

Do you have over ripe bananas sitting in your kitchen? If you haven't already thrown them out, I suggest you get your baking gloves on and start baking some banana bread. Banana bread is a great, healthy snack that you can jazz up with chocolate, nuts or anything else you can think of. It is also a quick and easy recipe you can whip up in a few minutes. The only downside is that banana bread can take up to an hour to cook. However, it is well worth the wait. 


We always have extra bananas lying around our kitchen so banana bread is something I make often. The first time I made banana bread, it was very bland. I didn't add any extra ingredients because I was afraid the banana bread would be very dry or hard as a rock. To my surprise,  the banana bread recipe was a success. I added chocolate chips and walnuts to the next few batches I made for some flavor. 


After making the same type of banana bread, I was trying to think of something else I can add into my banana bread. Then it hit me...strawberries. Strawberries and bananas go together in all sorts of drinks and foods so why not put strawberries in banana bread. Instead of the three bananas I normally put in, I substituted one cup of strawberries for the third banana. The strawberry banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts came out delicious. 


The next banana bread I'm going to make will include coffee. Not sure how it is going to taste although you can never go wrong with coffee flavored anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment