Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's Your Favorite Cheesecake?

There are dozens of cheesecake recipes floating around the Internet. Google any kind of cheesecake and a recipe will most likely pop up. The various ingredients in these cheesecakes are what make them different from one another. Cheesecakes come in almost every flavor you can imagine ranging from tiramisu to cookie dough to key lime pie and have gained popularity in recent years. Restaurants such as the Cheesecake Factory have sprung up that are dedicated to making several different kinds of cheesecakes. 


My personal favorite cheesecake is made right in my own kitchen. It contains ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sour cream. It is the creamiest most delicious cheesecake you could ever have. The cake is light, and airy and tastes even better the next when it has time to chill overnight. What I love about his cheesecake is you could dress it up with syrup (i.e.: chocolate or strawberry) and fruit without killing the flavor. Even though I am lactose intolerant, this cheesecake makes waiting to take my daily Lactaid pill well worth it.


Reese's Peanut Butter cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory comes in a close second. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is beyond mouthwatering. However, I am not big fan of the hints of caramel in the cheesecake. I think without the hints of caramel the cheesecake would taste better. The piece you are served is too big for one sitting, but I always stuff myself with as much as I can. I love the half peanut butter cup they put in the peanut butter swirl on top of the cheesecake. That is the first thing I eat when the server brings the cheesecake. 


Cheesecake is a great dessert especially with all the varieties out there and most recipes are easy enough to whip up in less then thirty minutes. Just be aware that when baking cheesecakes you need a springform pan to cook the cheesecake in. This type of pan loosens up with a snap on the side to easily slide it off the cheesecake. You can pick a springform pan up at any store that sells kitchen supplies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment