Monday, May 23, 2011

Tastey Semi Homemade Cinnamon Coffee Cake


Side view of coffee cake
I am someone who always prefers home cooked recipes instead of store bought or semi-home cooked baked goods. In my quest for finding a great coffee cake recipe, the only ones I could find required some store bought goods.  I was very hesitant to try the recipe despite the rave reviews it received. I continued on my quest, but came up empty handed. Although I was reluctant, I decided to try this recipe anyways. To my surprise, the coffee cake came great. Everyone loved it.

This is a great base recipe with options to add in additional ingredients or put your own spin on it. I have a few ideas in mind for the next time I make this recipe. I’ll be sure to keep you updated on how it turns out.

Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix                       
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
Top view of coffee cake
1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan, or a 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
2.   In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, and butterscotch pudding mix. Add the eggs, oil and water, mix until well blended. In another bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Pour half of the batter into the pan, spread evenly. Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture. Cover with the rest of the batter, and sprinkle with the rest of the nut mixture.
3.   Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn the oven down to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving:  Calories: 251 | Total Fat: 12.5g | Cholesterol: 36mg

No comments:

Post a Comment